- Creator economy
Engineer, founder, and investor. Live and work between Australia and the US (California - SF Bay Area). Ex-Sensity Systems (Verizon Acquired), Ex-Skylo (SoftBank Series B - $100M). MP @ Metagrove Ventures. I also write at The Infinite (Personal NL) and on MG's Blog.
I've been fortunate to wear many hats throughout my career; technology, partnerships, product, operations, strategy, etc. I usually take a bottoms-up approach and evaluate a company on each level with a fine-tooth comb.
I'm a big advocate of transparency. This means I provide honest feedback via my deal memos to the founders so they can improve their gaps and weaknesses.
How I can help:
- Introductions to my personal network (those who can value-add), mainly across ANZ and the US
- Advisory and help on technology, leadership, hiring, global expansion, operations, product, and strategy
- Fathom / USA / JCal's LAUNCH Accelerator
- Thyrft / USA / Y-Combinator W21
- BusinessOnBot / INDIA / Y-Combinator W21
- LifeComp / SWEDEN
- Unhedged / AUSTRALIA
- StoryTiling / AUSTRALIA
- WeFunder / USA
- Vampr / USA
- Envel.ai / USA
My deal flow comes in from different networks i.e. accelerators, top-tier universities, incubators, friends, and fellow investors/VCs.
Barry Winata -- lu.ma/barrywinata // barrywinata.com
- You and I must be connected directly. Feel free to reach out via email or LinkedIn and happy to do a meet/greet. Always a treat for me to meet like-minded folks.
- Provide support if you can to the founders/company i.e. social media, product/service evangelism, additional value-add (if possible), introductions etc.
Commitment to invest required: none
Fees to join: none